Market pressures force organizations to change rapidly. Given this unrelenting pace, leaders find they no longer can mull over decisions before taking action. Organizations must be nimble in considering and acting on changing needs in staffing. Leaders must ask:
- What mix of skills do we need today?
- What skills are we likely to need in the future?
- Do we have the right number of people employed today?
- How will these numbers change in the future?
- How do our staffing costs compare to others in out type of business?